Saturday 22 September 2007

Saturday 22nd September 2007

Wow what a week!

Sadly my father in law died last week and we had to go to the Isle of Man to attend his funeral. It was a good funeral, a cremation which kicked off with him being put in a motorbike sidecar hearst! Then we did a short part of the TT course that he liked before going to the crematorium .......... how fantastic when you loved motorbikes and the TT! The funeral directors were great, really lifted the occasion for everyone in our car. I also got the chance to get better acquainted with my husband's 'half' family .... itsalongstory!! The good thing is that I have another father in law who I know really well.

On the way to the Isle of Man I got a call from the Spencer Coleman Gallery in St Katherine's Wharf to see if I could send them 16 pieces for an exhibition that starts on Thursday 27th September!!! Not a lotta time but wow fantastic exposure for me.

Another gallery, The Bluestone Gallery in Devizes called and put in another repeat order so that was great and i have targeted a few other local galleries to me and I have appointments with them over the next few weeks ........... so things are kinda lookin up!

I am annoying the children because I have The Fuguees 'Killin me softly' on repeat on iTunes, can't get enough of it at the moment.

Old school friend Jan is tying the knot in October so that is good news. It means a meet up with lots of people from school some of whom I haven't seen for a while.

The sale finishes in the shop on Monday ...... its been quite good but not as good as past ones ....... I guess that is retail for ya!
Best part is all the new stock we have ordered, I have put some on the website already www.thejewelleryroom.co.uk

Off to eat pasta and drink red wine now!

Ciao

No comments: